Dos And Don'ts In Winter
Thursday, 4 January, 2018
Winter is here. There can be dryness or dehydration of skin, lips, and hair. We can try escaping it by incorporating few winter beauty routines which can be useful regardless of gender.
- Drinking lot of water is mandatory even if you are not thirsty in winters. Water helps you stay hydrated and look beautiful by giving you a glowing complexion.
- Applying a chapstick or lip balm will protect your lips from getting chapped.
- You can remove the dead skin over your lips by brushing gently with a toothbrush and moisturizing before bed. This will prevent your lips from turning dark, especially in winter.
- Applying sunscreen in winter is as important as in summer
- If foot cracks are a problem, heal them by moisturizing the feet regularly or soaking them at night in warm water and salt followed by application of a thick cream. Put on socks to keep your feet warm and crack free.
- Applying lukewarm olive oil or coconut oil to your face in the morning and leaving it for an hour makes your skin glow
- Deep condition your hair every week with hair oil so that it’s nourished and the moisture is replenished. Following this hair care tip also ensures your hair is thick and bouncy.
- Never wash your hair without conditioning
- Do not lick your lips as it dries them out further.
- Don’t bathe in very hot water. It may soothe you for a while but it ends up making your skin and scalp extremely dry.